- This event has passed.
2nd Annual Croatian Wine Pairing Dinner
March 17, 2018 @ 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm PDT
UPDATE! We are down to our last block of tickets – sales are capped at 100 due to limited wine quantities
Our evening of tasting will be lead by Kurtis Kolt. Kurtis won the ‘Sommelier of the Year’ award at the 2010 Vancouver International Wine Festival, has been profiled by Wine Enthusiast Magazine, ran the wine program for a couple evenings at James Beard House in New York, and has been a tasting panel participant at Wine & Spirits Magazine. His wine column is published every Wednesday in Canada’s largest urban weekly, The Georgia Straight. We are honoured to have Kurtis lead us through the evening.
This wine pairing dinner features the wines of Stina, a leading Croatian Producer. They are located on the island of Brač. Kurtis will be lead the dinner to describe each of the wines and how they pair with each course. Ticket price includes; reception wine (Cuvée white), two white wine food pairings (Cuvée white & Pošip), two red wine food pairings (two levels of Plavac Mali), and a dessert wine pairing (Prošek). The menu was co-developed by one of Croatia’s most critically acclaimed chefs and the Croatian Cultural Centre’s chef, who was trained in Croatia. Please join us for this very special event.
- Reception wines offering White Cuvée (Pošip 70%, Vugava 20%, Chardonnay 10%) or Red Cuvée (70% Plavac mali, 10% Cabernet, 10% Merlot, 10% Syrah).
- Red Snapper Carpaccio – White Cuvée
- Prawns and roasted Pine nuts Risotto, topped with Arugula and Grana Padano – Pošip
- Grilled Lamb Chops served on a cake of julienne vegetables, drizzled with a Lamb Demi Sauce – Plavac Mali Barrique
- Dalmatian Beef Pasticada served with house made Potato Gnocchi – Plavac Mali Majstor
- Dark Chocolate Mousse finished with Italian espresso reduction and Truffle oil – Prošek dessert wine
Wine and beer will be available after the dinner to celebrate St. Patrick’s day. Please come and join us for this very festive event.
Contact the organiser if you would like to be at a certain table, or would like an entire table for your party.
Presented by the Canadian Croatian Chamber of Commerce – BC Chapter, The Croatian Cultural Centre, Stina Wines, and The Wine Syndicate.
PLEASE ENJOY RESPONSIBLY AND ARRANGE FOR A SAFE RIDE HOME
Cheers & Živjeli!