- This event has passed.
A Chocolate Tasting Expedition!
March 25 @ 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm PDT
Visit www.geoseph.com for more information.
Hosted by Chocolatier & Chocolate Sommelier, Geoseph Domenichiello
This exciting and unique chocolate sensory workshop is here to answer your burning chocolate curiosities! Explore the world of chocolate and renew your appreciation with this exquisite food. This tasting workshop goes above and beyond, delving deep into the facts and current research. Leave not only satisfied, but an enlightened and confident chocolate consumer!
With the growth of artisan and bean to bar chocolate, you may have many questions when it comes to choosing the best quality chocolate. You’ll receive the facts necessary in order to make wise choices and the most satisfying decisions. Best of all, you get to taste what you learn, and follow it up with a chocolate tasting challenge!
- The process of making chocolate (includes samples of cocoa beans of different varieties and origins, and chocolate at varying levels of processing)
- The History & Evolution of Chocolate (includes samples of authentic 15th & 17th Century chocolate drinks, as well as a very unique cacao product!)
- Neurogastronomy (How flavour works)
- Professional Tasting Tools (Tools that will last you a lifetime, to help you become a chocolate connoisseur)
- A Chocolate Tasting Challenge!
- Literature covering the topics above
- A Chocolate Flavour Wheel
- A Tasting Passport (To record and keep track of future chocolate experiences)
- A stomach full of 13 chocolate and cacao related products
The cacao products will come from around the world, and the chocolate will focus on incredible local BC chocolate makers and some international makers as well. The Chocolate Challenge will include a flight of dark chocolate samples that we will analyze, dissect, but most of all enjoy!
This is a comfortable and relaxed workshop, where your input and inquiring minds are encouraged! Remember, this is NOT for snobs, but for those who want to understand. No judgements here. Only good conversation and incredible chocolate. Come with questions, and an appetite. Salute!
- Instagram: @chocolategeoseph