Tacofino’s Mount Pleasant ‘Ocho’, located at 8 East 5th Avenue, has become the first in the family of restaurants to reopen its doors on June 19th. In accordance with protocols of the BC Government’s Phase Two reopening plans, limited dine-in and patio service is now available on top of the takeout service.
The new dine-in menu offers new signature beach-and-surf-inspired fare such as
Two per order, served on flour tortillas, $8
- Pacific Cod (avocado crema, pickled red onions, cilantro);
- Chicken (tamarind mayo slaw, edamame chimichurri);
- Wild Mushroom (charred garlic and Guajillo vegan mayo, arugula);
- Tempura Squash (green pumpkin seed mole, toasted sunflower seeds).
All burritos can be made into a bowl
- Carnitas (black beans, grilled tomatillo arbol salsa, arugula and cabbage slaw, grilled pineapple, crispy shallots), $13;
- Grilled Chicken (crispy rice, pickled red onion, tamarind mayo, edamame chimichurri, cabbage, jalapeño), $13;
- Albacore Tuna Wrap (tonnato, iceberg lettuce, charred and pickled onions, tomato salad), $14;
- Bean and Cheese (grilled tomatillo arbol salsa, avocado crema, charred and pickled onion, cabbage), $11.
FROM THE GRILL
Served with flour tortillas
- Pork Belly (tempura squash, habanero salsa), $20;
- Skirt Steak (wild mushroom gratin, edamame chimichurri), $22;
- Wild Sockeye Salmon (grilled cabbage, grilled tomatillo arbol salsa), $22;
- Achiote Cauliflower (fermented carrots, crispy rice, edamame chimichurri), $16.
Ocho’s dine-in-only Happy Hour runs from 3 to 6 pm. daily that includes Nachos and other share items as well as margaritas for $9 each and select BC craft beer on tap for $5.
A number of health and safety measures have been implemented at Ocho to ensure the continued health and wellbeing of staff and guests. These include frequent sanitization of common-touch areas and washrooms, the use of disposable one-time-use menus and scannable QR codes, personal protective equipment for staff, and Plexiglas dividers installed throughout the space.
The other locations continue to offer pickup and delivery options seven days a week. Tacofino has also begun to redeploy its food truck fleet, including its Pink Truck right outside the Vancouver Art Gallery serving lunch between noon and 3 p.m.
Takeout orders for Ocho can be made through tacofino.com. Ocho will also accept guests in its dining room, at the bar, and on the newly added patio on a walk-in basis only.