Food Network Canada is ready to take Canadians on the most epic Canadian culinary adventure with Chuck & Danny’s Road Trip premiering Friday, March 3 at9 p.m. ET/PT. The original six-part series sees chefs and best buddies Chuck Hughes (Chuck’s Day Off) and Danny Smiles (Top Chef Canada Season 3) hit the open road in their fully loaded RV, visiting Canada’s most spectacular regions and three National Parks. In each location, the duo source the finest regional ingredients and cook up unforgettable one-of-a-kind campground feasts for celebrated local chefs, farmers and artisans. Their cross-country RV adventure celebrates Canada’s natural beauty and delicious homegrown ingredients, honouring Canadian cuisine and local food producers as Canada gears up for its 150th birthday.
For years, the Montreal-based duo have been a team creating exquisite dining experiences for guests at Hughes’ critically acclaimed restaurant Le Bremner. Digging into their locally sourced sensibilities, Chuck and Danny seek out the freshest and wildest array of flavours from dedicated food producers, artisans and local chefs as they crisscross Canada and experience the RV lifestyle. From bagging seaweed in wet suits to digging for quahogs, harvesting wild rice in a canoe or foraging for juniper on ATV’s, they go to any lengths to get the best local ingredients.
Chuck and Danny’s journey spans Vancouver Island, British Columbia to Prince Edward Island National Park, PEI. With a passionate appreciation for local food, Chuck and Danny’s Road Trip takes an inspired approach to camp style cuisine, served up with the enthusiasm only true adventure-loving chefs can deliver.
Locations and local chefs featured include:
- Episode 1 takes place in Prince Edward and Hastings Counties, Ontario and features Justin Cournoyer, owner/chef of Actinolite.
- Episode 2 takes place on Vancouver Island, British Columbia and features chef Dan Hudson.
- Episode 3 takes place on Salt Spring Island, British Columbia and features Brooke Winters, owner/chef at Bnurtured Trailer.
- Episode 4 takes place in Rouge National Urban Park, Ontario and features Elia Herrera, executive chef at Los Colibris.
- Episode 5 takes place in Fundy National Park, New Brunswick and features Pierre A Richard, chef at Little Louis Oyster Bar.
- Episode 6 takes place in Prince Edward Island National Park, PEI and features Ross Munro, owner/operator at Prince Edward Island Culinary Adventures.
The series extends online with exclusive content including a tour of Chuck and Danny’s Fifth Wheel RV; Chuck & Danny’s Road Trip playlist which showcases a full roster of Canadian music featured in the series courtesy of Dine Alone Records; recipes; fun food facts; galleries and much more. To learn more about the series and watch episodes online after they premiere, visit www.foodnetwork.ca.