The iconic Vancouver Christmas Market by is back! From November 22 – December 24 the celebrations are held at Jack Poole Plaza by the waterfront. There are 75 vendors this year where you can enjoy eating, drinking, and shopping, as well as other festivities and live entertainment perfect for friends and family getting together.
This year the Market is featuring Canada’s First Ever Walk-In Christmas Tree, which is 30 ft tall and covered in 36,000 twinkling lights.
The Christmas Pyramid has also returned, and it’s taller than ever with an additional ‘Flying Stage’, where various artists perform singing or playing jazz, blues, folk, pop, classical, and gospel.
Food lovers are certainly able to indulge on the market’s signature delectables, including Glühwein (hot-spiced mulled wine), Bratwurst, Gulasch, Spätzle, Schnitzel, Kartoffelpuffer (potato pancakes), Berliner, and unique gourmet treats from Haxen Haus, Cheese Me Raclette and Zotter Chocolates. New local vendors such as Eat F.I.S.H., Cannoli King, Goose Winery and Persephoe Brewing Co are showcasing their finest at the Market.
Besides food, visitors can discover lovingly crafted gifts and treasures at the Market, which make great holiday gift ideas!
- Candy Meister – Candies
- Kenziecards – Christmas and other original cards
- Rain City Olives – Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar
- Sonnentor Tea – Christmas and other natural tea blends
- The Hartmont Candle Company – Crafted candles
- The Woodman – Handcrafted wooden pens
- Yo Sox – Christmas socks and other funky socks
- 4Cats – arts and crafts
- Polar Piece – T-Shirts and other hand-crafted garments
- Käthe Wohlfahrt – Christmas ornaments
- Zotter Chocolates – 100% organic chocolates
- Herrnhuter Sterne – Hernhuter stars from Germany for holidays
- The View Winery – Wines and mulling spices
- Honeybee Centre – Honey
The other features include the kids’ favourite Christmas Carousel and the warming Alpine Haus tent, designed to accommodate more than 250 people.
Come join the authentic German-inspired festivities and experience the true holiday spirits with your friend and family at Vancouver Christmas Markets.