Returning this season as the chefs’ go-to payment method, Interac Corp. provides the $100,000 grand prize for Canada’s Top Chef, and sponsoring a classic Top Chef Elimination Challenge, Restaurant Wars. Competitors battle it out in the fully-outfitted Top Chef Canada Monogram kitchen. The grand prize winner will also be rewarded a luxurious Monogram kitchen valued at $25,000. The contest will run for 8 weeks at foodnetwork.ca.
A new lineup of 11 extraordinary chefs represent the next generation of Canada’s culinary elite and now it’s their time to showcase their creativity and culinary prowess to impress the judges’ table. Among the talents, Vancouver’s Felix Zhou (Heritage Asian Eatery) and Mark Singson (AnnaLena) are determined to take the Top Chef Canada title.
The expert panel returning this year includes Le Cordon Bleu-trained chef and television personality Eden Grinshpan as host, head judge chef Mark McEwan and resident judges: powerhouse restaurateur Janet Zuccarini, Vancouver’s food blogger Mijune Pak and renowned food journalist and critic Chris Nuttall-Smith.
The lineup of Canada’s Top Chef contestants are:
- Nathan Guggenheimer, 35 – Saskatoon, Sask.
- Elia Herrera, 37 – Toronto, Ont.
- Ross Larkin, 31 – St. John’s, N.L.
- Jinhee Lee, 38 – Calgary, Alta.
- JP Miron, 30 – Montreal, Que.
- Ivana Raca, 33 – Toronto, Ont.
- Darren Rogers, 27 – Montreal, Que.
- Mark Singson, 29 – Vancouver, B.C.
- Matt Sullivan, 34 – Toronto, Ont.
- Felix Zhou, 29 – Coquitlam, B.C.
- Jesse Zuber, 29 – Saskatoon, Sask.